Fredericksburg Cyclists Club guidelines regarding COVID-19 are for your safety and the safety of other event participants, including volunteers.
- While the event is entirely outdoors, consider your risk as you travel to/from the event and encounter others.
- Those who are able should consider vaccination.
- If you’ve had fever, fatigue, cough, body aches or loss of smell/taste within 10 days prior to the event, please stay home and get well.
- If you’ve been exposed or engaged in risky activity, please self-quarantine.
- If you have risk factors for contracting the virus, consult with your doctor.
Curtis Park & Rest Stops
- Avoid close contact with other participants.
- Don a facemask when in close contact.
- Use the hand sanitizer provided before & after touching water coolers, tables, toilets, and food & non-food supplies.
- Remove your gloves and leave them with your bike or put them in your pocket.
- Limit contact to your own gear.
- Follow directions from event staff, including support teams and rest stop hosts.
- Avoid riding with others that you do not know.
- Avoid pace lines or riding in another’s slipstream; USA Cycling continues to recommend riding side-by-side or 20 ft. behind others.
- Ensure that no one is in your slip stream if you need to cough, sneeze, etc. Drop back and allow others to pass.